Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Paintings... an art of beauty?





The place, the Louvre,Paris. Yes i have never seen such an endless array of paintings mostly classical in nature.
You can spend hours just walking around the place marble hallways and appreciating all this fine art.

The most famous of all the paintings at the Louvre is of course the Mona Lisa.
The famous smile(is it really a smile?) has captivated millions of admirers throughout the years. Its worth? Possibly in millions, no doubt.


I did enjoy my visit to the Louvre few years back and memories of seeing the real Mona Lisa painting still vividly clear in my mind.

While not being an avid collector of oil paintings i have got a few hanging on my house's walls.
I bought a few in Bali recently, depicting modern art and i loved them , real soothing and intriguing when viewed in the serenity of one's home.
China too is now famous for making duplicates of famous paintings and you can buy a reasonable quality of a duplicate(made in China ) particularly those depicting the classical images.

So, no surprise for visitors to my house seeing the walls literally plastered with all these paintings that i always ended up buying on my travels, no regrets though for they may just be duplicates or relatively inexpensive but to me they still evoke an art of beauty.
An art of beauty to be deeply appreciated as you try to relax after a long day at work.

It was also last week on my Kl trip i managed to find and buy " Khutbah Terakhir Nabi Mohammad SAW"(the Prophet Mohammad SAW last sermon) and i was indeed pleased for i have been hunting for it quite a while after seeing one hanging on the wall of an office that i visited recently.
Now where shall i hang it?

No comments:

Post a Comment