Sunday, August 9, 2009

Rotinsulu is in town!!



My favourite contemporary singer is undoubtedly Hendri Rotinsulu,his mesmerising and soothing voice definitely will be a good respite to hear after a hard day's work at the office.

Rotinsulu gave a lasting impression to some of us here in Kuching after his performance few years ago at a PERKIM charity dinner. Henceforth we kept in touch including on the Face book.

So it was a great weekend when Hendri came down to Kuching to give another performance at a Wedding anniversary of a prominent couple.

However he and his wife did make time to drop by at my place...well we had a small get together with close friends eating Ba Ku Teh and Sarawak Laksa.

Being a talented singer as he is ,he also serenade us with a few songs ,playing on Diyana's piano and wow we had a great time, thanks a million Hendri.

I was also incidentally invited to the anniversary dinner last night and the crowd that appreciates Malay/Indonesian soul music was exhilarated with Hendri's masterful performance.

It must be a Hendri's weekend for me for today another close friend invited me for lunch with Hendri at the Sarawak club, we had more time to talk and we are asking each other of our specific plans for our birthday...well one thing i can only claim i have in common with this very talented, unassuming singer is we share the same birthday.

Hendri, just sing my favourite song of yours(Citra..) for my birthday , that will be fine my good friend.

Thank you again for making our weekend such an enjoyable one.


No comments:

Post a Comment