Monday, August 17, 2009

Magic 50


At 49 you cant help thinking about that magic figure of 50 ....,wrote this short poem on my blackberry a while back so here goes.....

Soon my life will hit a figure of fifty
But then can i say i lead a life aplenty
Soon my life will hit a figure of fifty
But then i know life has no guarantee

I know i have my measure of imperfections
But i will not lead a life of limitations
For i want to lead a life full of actions

Life is a narration of stories and memories
But i do know my life is not all about glories
Soon I will reach a figure of fifty
But i will try to be always remain as witty
Thank you for a life that has a nice rhapsody
But i will not swap with any form of booty

Soon my life will reach a figure of fifty
And i hope i can look back at my life with dignity
My life has been eventful and am thankful
But then how can a man measure a life that is hopefully full.
Soon my life will reach a figure of fifty.

ha..i just 'recyle' the above poem which i penned a year ago, Wish to thank Allah SWT the Almighty to continue blessing me and the family with good health ..the sanctity of a family and the blessings from your loved ones will always be the foundation and aspirations of all your endeavours.
We all make mistakes and failures but we must not confuse failures and dissapointmments...Dissapointments are always there littering your trail of life . I was also blessed with great people working with me at my office , their dedications and sincerity of trying to work and collaborate for the greater being of the corporation knows no bounds .

My mother and siblings non assuming nature and not posing much demands and expectaions from me being the eldest makes also my life easier to negotiate, and a Mother's unconditional love is always the most underrated virtue because it is free and demands no conditions, and like any human being we sometimes fail to notice its unbounded value to the stability and happiness in your life.

The wife as always has to endure with your idiosyncrocies that you sometimes exhibit..but then after 22 years of marriage she learns to accept you warts and all.

Life is meaningless if if you cant feel the joy , pain, sorrow, dissapoinments and exhilarations of your children.
you always worry that you may spoilt them and thus making them unprepared for the real world, a world sometimes fractured with dishonesty, jealousy and vengeance ...but so far while not being seen as too complacent, both me and the wife believe we have done a decent job.

1 comment:

  1. Don't make 50 sound so old! We are the new fifties and I think we look a good deal better than the fifties of the last generations..

    ReplyDelete