Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Adios 2008...hello 2009



Huh.. today is the last day of 2008, how time flies we always seem to say whenever the year end is on the horizon.Without fail we try to reflect back on the year to pass by and WITHOUT FAIL we have new resolutions for the coming year. One thing for sure we are getting older but any wiser?
So what has the year 2008 been to me ? Overall i am thankful to Allah SWT for gracing me another good year of health and good tidings. You do try to remember eventful events or moments of the year to cherish you always.
Work has been ok ,the usual tribulations that normally a company chief encounters but one learns through the ageing years to take the issues and challenges in one stride.Maybe that's the beauty of getting older , you tend to be more reflective and appreciative of what's been thrown to you both the good and the bad.
Undoubtedly the most cherished and unforgettable moments for the year 2008 has been my SOJOURN in Sarawak football. No regrets!!! I must admit that only fools want to wander on that path that most people(even those with more power and monies) will not dare to thread. All being said i believe i had done my best amidst difficult circumstances. I had met many people during my times in football.Boys(the footballers) that are still young but entrusted with a heavy responsibility of carrying the Sarawak flag and there are some who are unfortunately sell their souls at the detrimental progress of Sarawak football.
I met people from other countries trying to make decent living in our wonderful Malaysia, some from Guinea, Cameroon, Lebanon,Singapore and even as far Morocco.Hopefully in my dealings with them i have shown a Malaysian face that is viewed with respect and trust.
Football indeed has taken a centre stage for me in year 2008. Amazingly i have must made my indelible mark on the Sarawak football despite just involved fully for a year and i admit i have made mistakes but all round i believe that through sincerity and transparency in approach i have done my little part in year 2008 for my beloved state Sarawak
..so adios 2008 it is not an annus horribulus as one tends to fear but as a year for me of appreciation, cementing new friendships and leaving a bit of mark in football. Welcome 2009 ,so awaits us all?

No comments:

Post a Comment