Monday, November 3, 2008

Movies..movies


i confessed to some obsessions to the point of being passionate....football,coffee,movies and books.
Football everyone knows my famous or infamous forays with the sarawak team last season,well only a man of such idiosyncrocies as what i had will do all that but no regrets. Movies i want to write a bit more,just finished watching the movie "across the universe" a string of beatles songs wow great the scouser (liverpudlian) accent of Jude the main character is great to hear,the songs i can relate to and i found myself humming away to some of the tunes to my daughter's sabrina disconcertation. My all time favourite movie? it has still be "doctor Zhivago" a poignant love story tale with the russian revolution as its background,Omar Sharif as dashing as he can ever be.Hmm let me try to list down my all time 10 favourite movies;
1.0 Dr zhivago,2.0 East is east( a funny story of a mixed muslim pakistani family living in salford manchester) 3.0 Terminator(believe it or not but i think this is a real cult movie for me) 4.0 Layercake( a Daniel Craig (aka james bond) gangster thriller with a great twist in the tale) 5.0 Grease( a reminder of those late 70s era when John Travolta is the man) 6.0 Om shakti Om( ha,a hindustani with sharukh khan in his real element) 7.0 gladiator( Russel Crowe epic with a human touch) 8.0 serependity( Kate Beckinsale love story movie ) 9.0 P Ramlee Ali Baba bujang lapok(the apek song routine was hilarious) 10.0 Pirates of the carribean(my fav actor johnny depp at his best) ..well watching movies is a great stress reliever what's more with a nice cuppa coffee as your companion. Pity that i ve yet to watch a recent malay movie that catches my eye but man laksa is not that bad.

No comments:

Post a Comment