Sunday, November 16, 2008

James Bond and Anwar



Came back from KL yesterday after attending some business meetings and staying back for the MOGSC (Malaysian Oil & Gas Services Companies association) dinner. My oh my they had James Bond as their dinner theme ,it started off well but fritter a bit with guest artistes not as captivating as Ramli Sarip(just an old man being biased!!)>Talking about James Bond few days earlier has chance to bring my son Faizul to watch the latest edition,Quantum Of Solace.Not too bad the plane chase scene was a bit hilarious though but then give me a Daniel Craig movie anytime. From Kl yesterday took an earlier flight than my scheduled one at 12 noon and as i rushed (as the last passenger on board) and settled down with my books, cuppa of tea a man sitting across fidgeting annoyingly with his hand phone and i thought to myself this must a senior civil servant dari Malaya. Only when we were to disembark and he put on his specs that the man was none other than Datuk Seri Anwar Ibrahim. Honestly this is an unbelievable confession i have never met him in flesh before(pardon the pun),i greeted him immediately,he looks like a decent father. Other prominent politicians i have met..even Pak Lah i actually ate nasi ayam on same table with him when he came visiting UK students way back in 1980. I will not divulge in politics but Anwar must be one of the most recognisable face in Malaysia and i didn't recognise him!!! Shame on you Zuraimi. Well i said to myself he"s no James Bond so cant help not recognising him. When i alighted from the plane i met a MAS staff whom i knew and i told him that i was not aware am sitting an aisle across Datuk Anwar and he quipped(by his exact words).."Boss, mun(kalau) Alex Ferguson baru kita kenal" Sigh that has been my destiny always related to football.

No comments:

Post a Comment