Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Ooh..am not Tiger Woods



Last Sunday i was in Kl participating in our industry association OSFAM annual friendly golf tournament.

I was eager for i can feel now that my game has improved a wee bit and my tee off(the first shot off the tee) is more consistent now.

The tournament was held at Kinrara Golf Club in Puchong . As we started to tee off on a "gunshot" basis i suddenly noticed that my Handicap was shown as zero. For the uninitiated this means that this is deemed as a professional standard Ala Tiger Woods!!
Tiger Woods on par with my golf ? Must be joking our golf is world apart...Tiger Woods will consider his game as a disaster if he only collected pars (in golf speak means playing to the standard number of shots to the hole) i will be in heavenly bliss if i collect even a single par over the 18 holes.

So am sure the organisers made a mistake for my handicap at best to be declared should be 24...

Well i did play reasonably well not "blowing" any hole so while don't expect to be champion at worst will be in the mid position.

You can imagine to my horror that i was declared with a measly score of 8 stable ford points and sure enough when i checked later my handicap was considered by this morons of organisers as zero!!!! i was real livid and angry not sure to whom; either the organisers or my own staff when they register me for the tournament without really indicating my handicap.

This certainly put me in a very bad mood coming to the office today but while after a nice cup of coffee i can just laugh it off!!!

Well am no Tiger Woods for sure and lesson learnt never trust anyone who register you for golf without your own self checking that this has to be done properly with the right handicap stated.
Thank you!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment